Monday, March 31, 2008

17 of 23: This one took me a little time. I have worked with ELM before with students, but did not use all these bells and whistles. As I work with younger students, most of these are more in depth than they need, but I can see that some of them would be useful for me. The RSS feed from Gale would be helpful for a student doing a research project, especially for current events. I would like to use it for keeping current on trends within the our union and education. As for the Web Page Composer, I found it quite cumbersome. There are many easier programs than this to create a website. I do use the Proquest email capability. I take students to the U. of MN. for research on History Day. They look up articles on the on the databases and then email them back to me at the school. That way I can print them when we return home. As for the eBook, I have not used that much. I will have to take more time to see where I can take that. I know it will help the more advance researcher, but how I will use it, time will tell.

No comments: