Saturday, March 29, 2008

10 of 23: I have worked with wiki's in school. We did a collaboration with a school in Texas. Both school read the book "Walk Two Moons." Then each student chose a idea from the book to develop into a short report. The Texas students posted their reports, and then my students chose a Texas partner. My students then added more information, or wrote their won report and shared. Both classes seem to enjoy the process and the interaction.
I was considering a book review blog, but I think a wiki would be a better choice. i could read and review books, the students could add their comments or post their own reviews. It would also be able to monitor for any abuse as I can look up the posts and changes.
I reviewed all the blogs listed. Some I found confusing, like the SJCPL Subject Guide. I suppose that is because I am thinking for uses for my middle school and that was for more sophisticated users. I have added the Library Success wiki to my resource list for future use. I find many of the wikis were more pathfinders to other information than actual posting.

No comments: