Sunday, March 30, 2008

15 of 23: I have to admit that I am not a gamer. I do not enjoy sitting at a computer screen and interacting with fictitious characters on the screen. I did learn how to bilge and sword fight. It did take me some time, but I did find that you could not play the challenges until you read the instructions. I tried to speed up the process and skip that part, but it does not work. I know that games have their place in the school environment. Many people feel that they are a waste of time, but I believe that any game entails problem solving and all student s benefit from this. I use games as an award for my library club members. When they have completed their tasks, they are allowed to access an approved games list. They enjoy this and it motivates more students to get involved with volunteering in the library.

No comments: